Wednesday 21 October 2015

70's hairstyles

    70's was another decade that is remembered for it's variety of hairstyles. People used to experimet a lot on their hairstyles.and sometimes it was even an expression of that time. Here is an example of 2 different hairstyles and the step by step of how to make them:
    This first look is going to be a "soft" kind of  hairstyle:
Tools:

  • Curling tongs
  • Tail comb
  • Kirby pins
How to:

  • Section the front part of the hair: from one ear to another one. 
  • With the hair that remained on the back part, first brush it. After that, take a small square section right on the top of the hear and curl it downwards with your hot curling tongs.
  • Start  by doing a brick work
  • Make sure the sides are directioned towards the back of the head, because in this kind of hairstyle everything is about directions.
  • Pin every curl you make with a kirby pin so that it can cool down still having the same shape.
  • Once you finished with the brick work (curling) all the hair from the back part of the hair, you can now start working on the front part that you've seclected at the beginning.
  • Make a middle parting for that front part. You can slightly go for a side parting but anyways be aware cause it has to be anyways close to the middle.
  • As I said before, everything in this hairstyle is about direcytions, so be aware of how you direction it.You have to curl the hair dipendinog which side you are working on - towards tthe back but at the same time sloghtly downwards.
  • Pin again every single curl with kirby pins until it cools down.
  • When you finish with every piece of hair, start taking the kirby pins
  • Start back-combing it slightly on the roots just to make a bit of volume, cause as in 80's the hairstyles where a lot about volume in 70's as well.
  • Brush gently the curls without destroing the sape and consitence of it and arange then towards back 









I enjoyed doing this hairstyles as well as I love our practical lessons as it is not only teaching us different skills and different hairstyles of different periods of time, but they are also relaxing and really good fun at the same time. I am also happy with my result,as also Lottie said that it looked really 70's, but i have noticed after I did it that one side has slightly more volume then te other one and it was already too late to fix it. It means that everytime I am doing something that especiallu needs to be simetrical I have to be more attentive at how I direction every single piece of hair while I am working on it, especially when is regarding heating tools.

The second look is very different from the first one as it has a rebel soul in it. It more a rough hairstyle, and  I consider is more suitable for people who are not afraid to show who they are.
The tools I used for it were:
  • U pins
  • Tail comb
  • Kyrbi pins
  • Straightners
  • A hair brush
How to:
  • The way to do it is very easy but takes a really long time if you want to do it well, because in my case I took small pieces of hair. It was also challanging because You need to work havin the zig-zag parting averywhere in order not to have obvious lines when you so it. So everytime you take a piece of hair to work on, make sure it form a zig-zag kind of parting.
  • Take the U pins and make an infinity shape through it with the section of hair you have taken.
  • In the end pin it with kirby pins
  • Then with hot straighteners heat them for some second and continue to move on with the rest of the hair
  • When everything is done, starttaking the hair pins and you will notice a kind of wavy hair stile. 
  • Take the hair brush and brush through the hair and... Done!
You will realize that it is what we call Afr hairstyle:








I really enjoyed doing this hairstyle, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to finish it in class, so this is why my pictures are taken at home. Also I wanted this to look really nice and this is why I took small sections of hair. This is also the reason why I spent 3 hours on it, but these were a relaxing work at the same time, even though I couldn't feel  my fingers in the end. For me it looks absolutely perfect as it is exactly as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment