Sunday 4 October 2015

80's Hairstyle

    During our first lesson of Hair design we were analysing and looking at 80's hairstyles because it is correlated to our brief of this 2nd year.
   In 80's people used to wear curly or wavy hail and the most significant detail was the volume they tried to create in their hairstyles. Also the frail was back-combed to create the idea of messy style.
We created our 80's looks in 2 different ways:
This is what we used to create this look in 2 different ways:
1. by using a tong
2. by using the difusor
3. we needed the hairdryer also to create the windy effect in the front part of the head where the fringe usually is.
















  • First part of the look was done by ysing curlinng tongs. So I devided into two parts the hair, doing a side/ middle parting. I curled one side but left a small part of the front hair for being able after to create the windy effect. After I did all the cfurls I back-combed through it in different parts of the hair just to give it more volume but being very gently at the same time because I didn't want to destry the curls.




  • The second part of the hair was done in a completely different way. It was done by using the difusor and the hairdryer obviously. So I sprayed the hair with simple water just to make it wet and then i applyed some hair mousse in it. After this I dryed it with the difusor trying to do my best to make it look wavy at least. Also it created a kind of messy kind of look.



















For the front part of the look I  wet the hair again and dryed it directioning the blow upwards. than I sprayed the hair with hairspray and dryed it very well maintaining the direction upwards.


          

In the end we gathered all the hair back pinning it with kirby pins and the adding some banana shaped pins to give it the actual 80's style:


                           
 
And finally to give it the last touch of 80's I put a ribbon in it:





No comments:

Post a Comment