Tuesday 1 December 2015

Final look (Assessment)- contemporary version

 

 

    The final look that I have created for a contemporary version of the 80's Punk hairstyles, I found to be to be a lot easier to recreate than the historical look.  I am actually happy with the result, even though I wanted the hair in the centre to be even higher up. It was really hard to make it stay high because the hair was soft and even if it was backcombed really gently though, it wasn't rigid enough to make it stay in the right position. I tried to maintain the light curls and not to make it too messy. The structure of the hair was actually important for my design.  Also the centre part was a hairpiece that I have added to give it more the idea of punk hairstyle. Although I could've made some changes, overall I was happy with the way it looks: the detail of the side of the head is intricate and interesting and turned up how I intended it to.
    In the end, I am glad that I have learned how to work with acrylic hair, how to style an acrylic wig and also how to put an acrylic wig on. Unfortunately the wig was quite small and hard to put it on in order to hide the natural hair, but the result is better that what i have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment