Tuesday 1 December 2015

Historical hairstyle (Assessment)

    The styling of the acrylic wig in a historical way seemed very difficult to me. It is very hard to style an acrylic wig, especially when it already is styled and the hair lines are very rigid. It is also hard to create slick sides and you have to hide the wig's base. Backcombing is also different than natural hair, it is more rebel and is hard to make it stay as you want. In this case the hairspray is not something that helps, you can only apply it when already styled. In my case, when I wanted to apply it to help me to fix the backcombing it only made it harder because it was wetting the hair and making it softer.
    I also used coloured hairspray to finalise the look, and to give it a more the idea of punk. They used to colour their hair with different colours, this was an aspect that made them be different from others, this is another thing that was/is characterising them:









The look is quite messy, and it is not exactly as I imagined it to be. I wanted the sides to be slicker and less messy. I actually wanted a very tidy look, but it was too hard to create it with an acrylic wig. Even though I think it looks good on the camera and reflects very well the decade chosen by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment