Sunday 29 November 2015

Styling the modern version

Styling the modern version of the 80's look was much easier. It was easier because after being washed the hair was less rebel and easier to style.
My inspiration for the hairstyle were some images that I have seen on internet:



So after finding my inspiration, I started to style my wig, creating my own design:





Very pleased with the result, but I also thought that it doesn't show the Punk spirit as much as I wanted, because the sides are not slicked. This is the reason why I though that the middle part has to be higher up to give more an idea of a punk style. 
To create this look I Backcombed the middle part off the head, leaving the sides to cover the wig base and the backcombed part or the hair. After I finished with the middle section, I started to take small sections of each side and gently bringing them towards the centre and pun them carefully under the backcombed sections that I curled and pinned. I left some ends of the side sections to create this fluffy centre. On the actual day of the assessment I added some hairpieces to make the centre part higher in order to make it reflect more the style.



No comments:

Post a Comment