Sunday 29 November 2015

Inspiration for the historical hairstyle

      Punk hairstyle is a way of showing the rebel soul that is hiding inside of lots of people. This  is a way to show yourself. Why did I choose this decade?
  Well,  hairstyle and hair colour is a way to express myself as well. There is a Russian saying that says: "When a woman wants to change something in her life, she always starts with her hair." This is a saying that mirrors myself. I have always changed colours of my hair and had also different haircuts and as it's known every colour and every type of haircut says something about the person, the way someone feels. This is another language, a non-verbal one.
    I think that this style reflects exactly my personality: at first sight I am a silent, shy person but with a strong character that not everyone discovers.
    I was looking also at different pictures that shows Modern punk hairstyles and I realised that there are a lot of times when unconsciously I style my hair in a kind of Modern twist of the Punk style:

Even the hairstyle created last year for the Elizabethan project in my point of view has a Punk twist in it. Braided sides create the illusion of slick sides and the high padding in the middle of the hair gives the idea of that hight that is characteristic to the punk hairstyles:


Similar hairstyles to it:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment